SUSIE FIGHTS FOR NEVADA FAMILIES
Susie Lee came to Congress to break through hyperpartisanship and deliver real results for southern Nevadans. When the true test of leadership arrived—the COVID-19 pandemic—she stood up for Nevada and secured vital relief for our families.
Susie approached this critical moment sensibly and with families top of mind. She voted for the CARES Act at the beginning of the pandemic and voted to enact the American Rescue Plan, which was signed into law in March 2021, to send direct aid to struggling families, keep our small businesses afloat, and provide aid to the travel and tourism industry—the beating heart of southern Nevada’s economy.
Now, the Silver State is eclipsing every other state in job growth and the economy is roaring back stronger than ever before, but families are experiencing rising costs at the grocery store and at the pump. It’s only getting worse, thanks to corporate interests like Big Oil and Big Pharma, which are spending millions to block families-first policies to bring costs down.
While shady corporate-backed Super PACs spend millions to smear Susie, the truth is that she is standing up against special interests to tackle inflation and bring down costs for Nevada families.
- As Big Oil executives take advantage of southern Nevadans at their most vulnerable, Susie is fighting to lower prices at the pump. She called for hearings to investigate price gouging by Big Oil and voted for the Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Act — of which every Republican voted against—to make it illegal to sell fuel at an exploitative price and go after price gougers.
- Susie also voted to pass the Lower Food and Fuel Costs Act to strengthen the domestic food system supply chain and bring down the price of food on supermarket shelves, while the majority of Republicans voted against lowering costs for American families.
- Susie supported the America COMPETES Act, which would lower prices by addressing supply chain disruptions, reducing our country’s reliance on foreign semiconductors, and ensuring that “made in America” is the rule—not the exception.
- To strengthen oversight of the shipping market and lower costs for consumers, Susie voted for the Ocean Shipping Reform Act to combat exploitative business practices and prohibit ocean carriers from unreasonably refusing to transport American cargo.
- Susie has repeatedly taken on Big Pharma, voting to lower the price of insulin to $35 a month and voting to allow Medicare to negotiate lower prescription drug prices.
This November, it is essential that Nevada families know who’s on their side and who isn’t. Susie has a proven track record of standing up to malicious corporate interests: the same ones that want to kick her out of office. Susie will continue to fight for our families and ensure that price-gouging corporations never win.
If you believe that we need to work together to find a path through this unprecedented challenge, support Susie Lee in Nevada’s Third Congressional District on November 8th.
Do you want to speak up for Susie? Submit your testimonial here!
Do you have a question about how Susie has supported Nevada families struggling with cost of living increases or Susie’s campaign for Congress? Contact Us.
- December 2nd, 2021: Susie led a letter to House leadership urging additional legislative action to ease supply chain disruptions and lower costs.
- February 4, 2022: Susie votes to pass the America COMPETES Act to bolster U.S. manufacturing and combat supply chain disruptions.
- March 14, 2022: Susie and her colleagues send a letter to Congressional leadership urging investigations and public hearings on price gouging within the oil and gas industries.
- March 24, 2022: Susie leads a bicameral letter to President Biden urging the Administration to put a greater focus on semiconductors for defense manufacturing.
- March 31, 2022: Susie votes to pass the Affordable Insulin Now Act to lower the cost of a monthly supply of insulin to $35.
- May 19, 2022: Susie votes to pass the Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act to lower gas prices and hold Big Oil accountable for price gouging and market manipulation.
- June 7, 2022: Susie and frontline Democrats send a letter to House leadership urging swift action on legislation to address rising costs.
- June 13, 2022: Susie votes to pass the Ocean Shipping Reform Act to strengthen oversight of the shipping market and lower costs for consumers.
- June 16, 2022: Susie votes to pass the Lower Food and Fuel Costs Act to help bring down prices for Nevadans in the grocery aisle and at the gas pump.
FACTS VS MYTHS ABOUT SUSIE’S RESPONSE TO INFLATION
Fiction: Susie helped cause record gas prices and soaring inflation thanks to reckless spending by Democrats like Nancy Pelosi and Susie Lee.
Fact: Susie delivered necessary relief to Nevadans at the height of the pandemic when they needed help most, and now, she’s supporting legislation to lower prices at the grocery store at the pump and holding price-gouging corporations accountable.
Fiction: Inflation isn’t temporary—it’s here to stay, and it’s Democrats’ fault.
Fact: Any economist will tell you that the inflation we are experiencing is global and caused by both the economic disruption of the pandemic, and the war in Ukraine. Susie and House Democrats have continuously voted to bring costs down for America’s families, while Republicans keep voting “no” against any legislation to get our families the support they need.